I don't know how we managed it but I do believe we pick the very best Mortgage Loan Officer in the world. Anthony Passe (likes to be called Tony BTW) with Bank of America has stood up for use on several occasions now, and he ceases to amaze me yet. So here's the story...
A little background first. Tony said he is really impressed with how quickly we respond to his request for signed doc.s and everything else required for getting the job done. He said with our quick responses we should have no problem closing on time. He said he all but has to beg people to send the signed docs back to him. So now the story…
We are due to close on our house today Oct. 30th. Last night at 1600+ our realtor calls to let us know that the “selling” realtor forgot to mention that although the seller “Washington Mutual” is paying for the home warranty, we have to buy it and they will reimburse us the cost. “And Oh ya, we are going to need the receipt for this in order to close”.
So I thought no problem right. This is 2008. You can sign up for anything online these days right. I mean heck, you can even take your “Safety Drivers Course” that you have to take for getting a speeding ticket in TX online these days (don’t ask). Well not exactly. Not something you need to get done “Yesterday”. Murphy rears her ugly head yet again. So Heather (my beautiful loving wife) filled out the form to have the warranty company call us the next day. 0830 rolls around the next day and being that we needed this “yesterday” I called them to sign up instead of waiting for someone to call me. So we get to the end of the phone app, and I give the nice lady my CC number and BAM I pop the question, “Can you fax/email me a receipt for this like, right now?” and she politely said “I’m sorry sir, it will take aprx. 24hrs for this to process”. So I proceeded to give her my sob story of how the other realtors office had pretty much screwed us with this and how we are trying to close on the house today and how we need this little piece of paper to complete the massive pile (as if they didn’t have enough paper already) so she said “ Well sir, we normally process these in the order they are received, but I will take your situation to my supervisor and see if we can get it rushed through… … … 2 hours go buy so I call up my realtor to let him know that I did intact buy the warranty but I don’t think they will be getting the receipt to me in time.
Next I call my attorney to find out exactly what our rights are in this situation. I mean, delaying the closing means more $$$$ required for closing. Long story short, he told us that this sounded like hog wash. It is clearly stated in our contract that they will pay for the home warranty. He didn’t understand why something like this would hold things up. So I call my realtor back and ask him the pointed question, “why is this holding things up?” I don’t remember exactly what he said but I know it wasn’t the answer I was seeking. So I said well it is in the contract that they will pay for it so they know they will pay for it, I don’t understand what the problem is. Why can’t I just give them the receipt next week and they can cut me a check then? He said that was an option that he and the other realtor are looking at. So one thing led to another and the other realtor decided we could close tomorrow at 1000hrs. Conveniently after she had learned we had consulted our attorney. However, because the seller is a Corp. and not an individual they very well may not sign the papers until Monday meaning more closing cost owed by us!! So I expressed my concern to our Mortgage Loan Officer Tony and he pulled out the “Full Battle Rattle” and went to war for us. Sent me a message a couple of hours later saying “Carl, I spoke to the powers at be here at BofA and got the papers “back dated” so your closing will not only remain I had quoted you but now it will be 100 $’s less”.
So again, if you are on the market for a house, we Highly recommend that you call No other than:
Tony Passe
Mortgage Loan Officer
Office: 512.338.3220
Fax: 866.740.7512
anthony.passe@bankofamerica.com
Bank of America
9600 North Mopac, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78759
Equal Housing Lender
The End!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment